August 18, 2010

he's like a totally important designer...


- You don't understand, this is an Alaia.
- An awhatta?
- He's, like, a totally important designer!
- And I will totally shoot you in the head.

Does anyone else remember this scene from Clueless?! Azzedine Alaia was an established, highly respected designer long before Clueless, but that was the first time I had ever heard of him. He's known for his ability to design clothes that expertly fit the female form, but my favorite are his accessories. I especially love his laser cut-out shoes and belts - so beautiful and intricate. Here are a few of my favorites:





If you are lucky enough to afford Alaia, these are available at Net-A-Porter.


alaiabooties

These bootie beauties were photographed by Jak & Jil. I'm obsessed with them!!

Both belts also available at Net-A-Porter.

No comments: