August 24, 2010

loving lace

steichen_gloria_swanson

I came across this image a few years ago and fell in love with it - it's so beautiful and has such a mysterious and almost sad quality to it. I didn't know this at the time, but the woman in the photo is Gloria Swanson and was photographed by Edward Steichen who held the title of chief photographer for Vogue at the time.

I have a love of sheer fabrics and especially lace. It seems like lace has also been a popular choice for many designers - here are a few pieces I love:

lace dress

I saw this dress last night on {this is glamorous} - isn't it gorgeous? I think it would make an amazing wedding dress (just need to add some sort of slip so you're not flashing everyone your goodies!).

lace

Jumpsuits have been super trendy lately and I love this one from Stella McCartney - so chic.

lace

Dolce & Gabbana made some beautiful lace dresses this year. Would definitley be hard to pull off (if you wear a full slip, you'll lose the beauty of the lace) unless of course you're Anna Dello Russo:

lace
(image via fabulush.net)

I also found some great options from Ebay:


ebaylacedress

This dress is vintage but can look really cool and modern if styled well.

ebaylacejacket

This jacket is from the 30's - LOVE the poufy sleeves and would look great as a jacket over a fancy dress or even a pair of jeans and a tank top.

1 comment:

Prippy Handbook said...

Love this post! That jacket is stunning.