November 24, 2010

happy friendsgiving!

We had our annual Friendsgiving dinner this past Sunday and I had an amazing time. Everything just came together so well - Eric and I weren't as stressed as we typically have been, the table was set and the candles were lit by the time guests arrived (that has never happened before!), the turkey was delicious (some even said it was the best turkey they've ever had - kudos to Eric!) and all the side dishes that everyone brought were perfect. Maybe it was because it had been such a beautiful day and was a beautiful night, or that we were celebrating not one, but two pregnant couples, or maybe I was just happy to be able to wear my new dress - but I wasn't the only person in such a good mood - everyone seemed really excited to be celebrating and being together.

_MG_2819

I had wanted to get disposable plates this year, but in an effort to save money, I decided not to. To dress up my plain white plates, I put the EAT. napkins that I made on top. What do you think? Since I already had the stamps, I stamped everyone's first and last initials onto cardstock and used that as placecards.

_MG_2832

_MG_2824

These branches were leftover from a wedding that I helped design. I was so excited when the bride decided to let me keep them (thanks Cristy!) because I knew I wanted to use them for Friendsgiving:) I got the paper flowers from West Elm. They had wire stems so I was able to easily wrap them around the branches.

_MG_2828

I wanted to add a touch of color to the table, so I made little bouquets of orange tulips. The table probably could've used a few more tulips... OH - aren't the birds adorable?! They are paper mache and I got them at West Elm also. I couldn't resist. And I wanted all the whites and beiges to pop, so I made the tablecloth out of navy cotton, even though it looks black in the photos.

_MG_2829

And I saved the best picture for last:

_MG_2845

Now THAT is a good plate of food!! Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back on Monday!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your tables are gorgeous! Past & present. What a great tradition and the food looks amazing.

iheartpie said...

I have been waiting for this post Sary! I didnt realize you made the napkins - so talented! And your table setting was soooo stunning - the pics don't do it justice!! I created a blog account just to type this up!

Sary said...

does iheartpie = shilpa?

Karena said...

I LOOOVE the napkins and table decor Sary!! You have such an beautiful sense of style.

Sary said...

thanks guys!! i really had so much fun doing it all!