November 29, 2010

izumi

There are some great restaurants along Passyunk and Izumi is definitely one of them. South Philly is full of Mexican, Italian and Vietnamese restaurants, but Japanese restaurants are rare around here. And I'm happy to say Izumi is a good one too. Another plus is that it's BYO.

My friend Colleen and I decided to grab some dinner there the other night and it was delicious. We decided to get two orders of spicy tuna (my favorite!), salmon and avocado, and one of their specialty rolls: the Passyunk Avenue roll which is shrimp tempura with spicy crab on top. So. Good.

sushi

We also got an order of their pork gyoza which were tasty, but nothing to really rave about. My roommate highly recommended the rock shrimp tempura - I'll have try that next time...

gyoza


We ended the meal with coconut rice pudding with pineapple on top. Once we removed the pineapple, it was pretty good. I love pineapple, but you could tell it had come from a can - which I don't usually have a problem with but it just didn't taste right in this dish.

rice pudding

All in all it was a very good meal. The sushi was definitely the best part of the meal - can't wait to go back!

No comments: