September 27, 2010

pizza and a cocktail

If you live in Philly, you've probably heard of Slice. It's a small gourmet pizza shop in South Philly and now also has a second location in Rittenhouse. I love pizza - all kinds of pizza - but nothing beats a good plain pizza. But I recently tried the carmelized onion and goat cheese pizza from slice and I can't get enough of it! It's extra virgin olive oil topped with mozzarella, carmelized onions, goat cheese and bacon. Eric and I ordered it again this past weekend and I enjoyed it so much that I forgot to take a picture until we were done - and luckily there was one slice left:

pizza

Also this weekend, I hosted a little afternoon cocktail party at my house for a few of my girlfriends (who doesn't love drinking in the afternoon?). My friend Shilpa made us all limencello cocktails that were not only delicous (and strong!) but so pretty!

cocktail
It was a mixture of limencello, vodka and perrier with raspberries and blackberries. A perfect summer cocktail - it's officially fall but didn't Saturday feel like summer?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those cocktails look fab! And I agree- this weekend was the hottest we've had (in California anyway) all year. 104 degrees. Yikes.

Cindy said...

I love Slice!!