September 3, 2010

let's talk about dresses

When I was searching for vintage clothing on Ebay the other, I came across this GORGEOUS dress:

wedding

Wouldn't it be perfect for a wedding? There's something great about wearing a traditional wedding gown - unless you're a celebrity, how often will you get the chance to wear a dress that elaborate? But it's not for me. If I were to pick a dress (and no, I'm not engaged but it's okay to look right? or is that weird? whatever), I'd want something less formal and more true to my style. The Ebay dress is a lot more frou frou than the other dresses I've found, but who doesn't want to look like a ballerina?! I heart tulle...

I was obsessed with Christopher Kane's dresses for Spring 2009. So girly and sweet, but also edgy at the same time. These dresses would be great for a modern bride (w/o the cardigan):

wedding3

wedding4

I could see this Erdem dress on an urban bride who gets married at City Hall and then goes out for an intimate dinner with close friends and family to celebrate:

wedding2

I also love ruffles! I know, I'm such a girl. But how cute is this Lanvin dress?

wedding2

This is also from Lanvin. LOVE the combination of the extra long veil over the short dress:

wedding

No comments: