September 20, 2010

don't call me gaga

I love Lady Gaga and the other night I was lucky enough to see her in concert here in Philly. My friends and I bought tickets several months ago, so we've been looking forward to seeing her for a long time and she didn't disappoint!

I would've loved to have gone all out and worn a bedazzled leather bikini and matching jacket with soda cans in my hair a la the Telephone music video:

gaga

But I had to tone it down a bit since we were going to Tweed for dinner before the concert and lets just say Tweed isn't exactly...edgy. Dinner was delicious, but we definitey got a few looks. Well, really just me and Kat since our other friends are normal and didn't feel it necessary to dress like Gaga:

gaga

Yes, that is a see through, lace, cropped top I'm wearing. And pleather shorts. And lace stockings. Oh and don't forget the bow made of (fake) hair. The funny thing, is that I actually wear those items - just not usually together. Hmm, never the hair bow though. But I do really like it. Here is a better photo of our hairstyles:

gaga

The show was amazing. There was a piano/car, piano on fire, fire shooting bra...the sets and costumes were incredible. And Gaga has an awesome voice - she sounds exactly the same live which is impressive with all the dancing she does. I wasn't able to get any good photos of show, but here are some I found online:

gaga2
image via here


gaga
image from here


gaga3
image from here


gaga2

image via here

My favorite costume of the show. Need to figure out how I can replicate this for Halloween...

gaga3
image via here

No comments: