October 29, 2010

over the knee boots

Over the knee boots have become very trendy and mainstream- and I'm not talking just for strippers and hookers. As long as you wear them appropriately (that means no super short, super tight skirts...), you can avoid looking cheap. I bought a pair last year that I love but are SO high that I can't wear them very often...or for very long. So, I've been on the lookout for flat(ter) over the knee boots that I would be comfortable wearing everyday if I wanted to.

If I didn't have to worry about money, these Loeffler Randall boots would be on my feet right now!! I love the slight wedge and the brown trim - so cute!

loefflerrandal
I can see these DVF boots with jeans tucked in and a crisp white button down ...and maybe a horse somewhere in the background. Don't they look very equestrian? They also look very well made and expensive - they're more affordable than the Loeffler Randall boots but still not in my price range...

DVF

Sam Edelman makes great shoes and this pair is fantastic. They're closer to my price range, but I'm not sure if its worth it to spend over $200 for a pair of synthetic boots.

samedelman

This Via Spiga pair is very similar to the Sam Edelman ones and they're made of real leather. Still a little pricey though...close to $300...

viaspiga

...which is why I bought this pair from Dolce Vita! They're the same brand as my other over the knee boots, so I knew the quality would be good. They are suede which means that I can't wear them in the rain or snow, but I think the suede adds a nice texture. And the heel is perfect - comfortable enough to wear all day long but adds a bit of (much needed) height. And the best part - they were less than $100! I wore them yesterday and I love them!!

nordstrom

No comments: