July 26, 2010

the BEST gelato in town!

If you live in Philly, I'm sure you've heard of Capogiro. Stephanie and John Reitano opened their first gelato shop in 2002 in the Gayborhood - now known as "Midtown Village". Since then, they've opened 3 more stores in Rittenhouse, University City and East Passyunk (my neighborhood - lucky me!) Small batches of gelato are made each morning using local produce and milk from grass fed cows. Each location is slightly different in the style of the space as well as the gelato flavors offered. Flavors change daily and there's something for everyone - from basic chocolate to kiwi to more unique flavors like lemon opal basil. My boyfriend, Eric, and I went for some last night and we took photos while we were there. The classic scoop shops in Italy were the inspiration behind this shop in particular. The space feels very cozy and homey but it definitely has a modern edge to it as well.

I love the chalkboard wall - it looks great and is very functional since the menu changes so often.

How awesome is that light fixture?! It really brings the room together.
That is probably the most beautiful coffee machine I have ever seen.

The colors in this space work so well together - soft blue and white with the bold pops of orange.

All the photos in the space are the owners' old family photos. I love that!

Kiwi and plum (Eric) chocolate banana and Thai coconut milk (me). YUM.

I also found out that Monday night is movie night. It starts at 7 and they play movies that have been nominated for an Academy Award for cinematography. What a fantastic way to spend a Monday evening!

No comments: